Carrie Birth's story
Everybody has a story, they are the best part of the Olympics, right? Learning about the lives, routines, and quirks of the athletes! I started to write mine for feature Friday and realized that my story has so many ups and downs, it would be more like a novella then a ‘feature’. Instead, I remembered this game we used to play on my old running team in Minnesota, so I whipped it out for CEPs “Feature Friday”!
I am Carrie Birth-Davis, go by “CB”….here’s my 10 X 10!
True or False
- I’ve run in a foreign country. True
- I’ve been flirted with post race. True
- I do barefoot strides in the summer. False. I’d probably sprain my ankle.
- I pray before a race. True.
- I’ve left work early to go running. Shhhhh….
- Beer is an acceptable post race replenish-ment. Yuck – I actually don’t like beer☹
- Burgers are better than burritos. Um…depends on what kind of burrito or burger…so I am going to say ‘not enough information’ ☺
- I’ve Googled myself. True
- A dog has jumped on me during a run. Very True
Yes or No
- I’ve run 100 miles in a week. No, 89 is my high.
- I log my miles with pen and paper. No (google.docs)
- I drink coffee prerace. Sort of? I eat a UCAN Coffee Bean Bar, does that count?
- I ice my legs postrace. Sort of? I go to US Cryotherapy - which is even better @ -180 degrees!
- I own a treadmill. That would be a HELL NO.
- I have taken a selfie. Yes, I mean, maybe once a day ☺
- I look up race results of my rivals. Used to…Don’t care anymore. I need the push they provide.
- I have run through injury. Oh vey. NO comment ☹
- I have gone skinny dipping. Maybe.
- I read a book to fall asleep at night. Yes
- Ice cream. Dairy bugs my stomach, so my favorite is SKOOP from Nekter (It’s a local place here that has dairy free ice cream!)
- Athlete. I get to pick (4) b/c today is my birthday ☺ Adam Goucher, Kara Goucher, Anthony Rizzo, and Abby Wambach.
- Running shoe. Skechers GO Run Ride 7, hands down best shoe you will ever run in.
- Movie. Spirit of the Marathon
- Board/card game. So Easy. Clue!
- Color. Red
- Season. Summer!
- President. Obama
- Book. Peak Performance.
- Socks. CEP
- Running Fuel. UCAN
- Home. Chicago
- Coach. Adam
- Best Friend. Husband
- Important to you. I’m an Ally.
- Family. Love.
- Cross Training. Swim.
- Naps. Critical.
- Hobby. Baking my famous Balls ☺
Fill-in the Blank
- I’d rather be running.
- Not running in high school or college is my biggest regret.
- Phrase that runs through my head lately is CANCER SUCKS.
- Not much can make me happier than chasing my dream.
- If I could only listen to one song while running, it would be Eye of the Tiger!
- I sleep with 2 pillows, always.
- 28 is the most miles I’ve ever run in a day.
- My Dream Is to qualify for the O Trials!
1 - 10
1 is the least/worst. 10 is the most/best.
- Desire to run in all 50 states. 7
- Priority I place running in my life. 9
- My fear of injury. 10
- My ability to get out of my comfort zone while racing. 8
- Beer Miles. 1
- Pearl Jam. 5
- Restricting food/diet. 2
- Shakespeare. 4
- Importance I place on my eating habits. 3
- Runner’s World. 6
- Twitter handle? Not cool enough for Twitter, sorry!
- Instagram Name? @runningcb
- College? Miami of Ohio
- Car model? Ruby, Honda Accord ☺
- Carn-, herb-, or omnivore? Omnivore
- Occupation? Sell Toilet Paper and Paper Towels ☺
- Hardest race course? Jamestown Bridge Race (Rhode Island)
- Easiest race course? CIM
- Training philosophy? Run a lot of good miles with a lot of good people ☺
- Height & Weight. 5’9 & 110 lbs
- Most laps ever on a track. Um, not sure, not really a track guru, but my coach likes 10 X 1k whatever that would be….
- 5K PR. 18:07
- 10K PR. 37:07
- Shoe size. 10
- Preferred racing distance. Marathon
- MPW. 75-89 – when I am moving and grooving, I can get to 85 week in and week out for months. I want to get to 90s.
- Minutes per day online. Idk, I am kind of burnt out with all that, I do love my Instagram though!
- Texts sent per day. A lot. Between work, setting up running buddies, and family, and friends all over ( I have moved 5x)….it’s my mojo!
- Age started running. 23
- Front runner or late surger? Front Runner.
- Trail runner or road burner? Road burner.
- Fenway or Gillette? Fenway - but really Wrigley – I am a die hard Cubs Fan!
- Tea or coffee? Tea!!! Obsessive Tea Drinker, love my Starbucks Tea!
- GPS junkie or run on feel? GPS - insert rolling eye emoji.
- Track or treadmill? Track. I avoid the treadmill like the bubonic plague.
- Facebook or Twitter? Facebook
- Network TV or streaming? Network TV
- Wine or beer? Neither
- Dogs or cats? Dogs
- Zodiac sign. Aries
- Hours of sleep per night. 8-9
- Percent of day spent thinking about run-ning. Too much
- Refrigerator essential. Peanut Butter.
- Thing you are anal about. Socks, have to be CEP.
- Best food. Acai Bowls!!!!!!!!!!!!
- Rather step in gum or dog poop. Gum
- # of bumper stickers on my car. Zero